Landscaping In Kensington
The landscaping in this lovely re-modeled home near Kensington Rd, features a raised patio in the back yard, a pool, raised planting beds and a hot tub, all carefully positioned to maximize the usable space of this beautiful back yard.
Whilst the entrance opens out to enclosed fireplace area, we were able to carefully sculpt the old landscaping and turn it into a multi-leveled stunning living space with raised planting beds, lawn and enclosed hot tub all carefully designed to give maximum usability to this back yard. By working with the client we were able to deliver the landscaping vision that he had in mind.
- Over 250 linear feet of Granite retaining walls used to deal with lawn grades, to create raised planting beds along the backside of the house to reduce the look of the foundation as well as tie in to the steps leading up to the enclosed patio. Also another set of walls were used to support the patio and deal with 2ft difference between the patio and the concrete pool skirt.
- Almost 2000 sq ft of brick pavers to install the driveway, patios, landings and pathways.
- Steps and Landing’s built with cinder block, rebar and concrete and then faced in pavers to tie in with patio’s and landings through out property.
- Feature Mica flagstones cut into brick pavers under motion ceiling lights to add night-time reflective effect.
- All brickwork custom built to include unique design or pattern.
- Hut tub to be boxed in using flagstone from original landscaping, and to tie in with the retaining walls
- Full irrigation system run by automated clock that communicates with weather network
- Low voltage landscape-lighting system through out property to include paver lights along edge of driveway and main entrance walkway
Landscaping Obstacles to overcome:
- How to deal with raised patio and still provide access to upper doors and lower pool concrete skirt.
- Working around other construction trades, to get hardscapes and retaining walls complete before winter.
- Making all drainage work around pool, along with pool skirt drainage.
- Building granite retaining walls around upper back patio, to create best seal for retracting blinds for least heat lose in winter.