Residential Landscaping that wins Awards
This custom-built residential home overlooks the lake and is in a beautiful quiet area . The landscaping features Mountain Ash rock walls, throughout the property, from Dock access, right up to retaining the main driveway. Whilst the view of the lake is quite breathtaking from any area of this property, the other astounding part of this beautiful home is that it is half built into a rock face.
This residential home also has a half basketball court with lines poured into the concrete driveway as well as large retractable nets for ‘game-time’. The main front beds are done in a xeri-scaped low level planting theme to give a clean tidy look as well as deal with the large septic and drainage field.
A large secluded flagstone patio with raised planting beds is on the south-side which is accessed by a meandering flagstone path, steps and planting beds leading from the driveway. The back of the residence that faces the lakeside has been left mostly natural, apart from a raised access path to the dock and wood-storage for the upper natural fireplace.The North side of the house is a switch-back gravel driveway designed for access either to the lower ‘lake-toys’ garage or to the lake itself.
- Mountain Ash rock walls built using a combination of large machines and by hand to give maximum usable residential landscaping areas i.e planting beds, seating areas and access points.
- Flagstone path’s and patio’s on both side of the house.
- Irrigation system installed throughout the property.
- Raised planting beds built to create enclosed secluded flagstone seating area.
Obstacles to overcome:
- Accessing the back of residence to build raised walkway to the dock after permits had been acquired by the general contractor.
- Careful selection of Mountain Ash Stone as homeowner only wanted the squarest of Stone.
- Working with Elaborate drainage system throughout the property to direct excess water away from building and past rock outcrop.